.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, November 27, 2008

 

Jostyn


J vs camera, originally uploaded by plastictaxi.

A quick shot of a young man I met last Sunday at a big BBQ - style get together we had with about 120 displaced people, with the help of a group called Corandicol. I was shooting the event, which included a number of installations in which kids re-created their journey from their homes, through forced displacement (a phrase which glosses over a variety of practices, mostly violent, in which families are pushed off the land they occupy through force - some killed outright, some "disappeared", some simply threatened), to their arrival in Bogota.

Jostyn stood behind me for about half an hour before I relented, at which point he became the cameraman, and I his assistant.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?