.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 20, 2007

 

back in Italy


terni facade at san martino, originally uploaded by plastictaxi.

we landed this morning, and now are sipping capuccinos at the festival central area in Terni, Umbria. I'm here with the crowd from /dance/songs/, we are taking over a chunk of parking lot (though in italy parking lots look like plazas) and doing three 11pm shows this week.
www.exsiriterni.it

We are seriously lagged, but also so relieved to be here and actually see what we have for equipment and support. The organizers are beautiful people, and the city itself is lovely and tourist-free. Aside from us, I guess. I wasn't sure what to expect from Terni: the lonely planet didn't even have a city map for this place -- they only mentioned it as St.Valentine's hometown and called it "the Manchester of Italy".

But this place is the perfect change of scenery for me right now: I am connected to home but not surrounded by it, so I can work and then put the work down.

God bless my lover Bea who is packing boxes as I write this.


Comments:
I've never heard of Terni, actually. They must have a great football team, though, and I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot more photos of the town soon. Have a great three shows and enjoy your well-deserved respite from all the recent stress. Remember, you'll have the house for quite a long time so don't rush into fixing it up just the way you want it. Time is your friend as a homeowner! Congratulations, by the way. :-)
 
Have fun man.. I really have a hankering to visit Italy.. we may go next year (ish)

drop me a line sometime,
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?