.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 11, 2007

 

the charms of anonymity

This is a sneak peak of the show I've been working on, Connect The Dots, that runs TWO NIGHTS ONLY - friday and saturday Jan. 12-13th, 2007, in the Cabaret at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre.

They are playing Avatars - in this case, faceless voices in an internet chatroom - so they could say anything. Anonymity makes all sorts of things possible. Unfortunately, when we have opportunities to be anonymous, we rarely do interesting things with it -- who's got the time, right?

And anyway, maybe anonymity is actually the norm in our society, and the charms of new forms of anonymous behaviour available on things like the internet are mostly lost on us. Unless you're a predator, or in marketing, or something.


Comments:
Most of the times I've been on stage I've felt like I've had my head in a bag, but perhaps it's more stagefright than anonymity.

In case anyone's interested, I'll next be gracing the boards at the beginning of March as the eponymous Don Quixote in my daughter's ballet school's annual production. Get your tickets now!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?