.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, February 18, 2006

 

The Dinner Party preview


The Dinner Party preview, originally uploaded by trevorsc.

I've spent a lot of time at Buddies' lately -- this shot is of the design, with two fabulous actors, of "The Dinner Party", written by Rose cullis and directed by my Bea Pizano. I thought it would be fun to mess with things and open the back of the stage -- as soon as I saw that window I have been dreaming of an opportunity to use it. Then along comes a show about two women in an apartment -- great!

Last night was Friday. I was in a one-night installation, pretending to be grass, whispering words. It was like a childhood challenge: not knowing what the next word out of my mouth was, just blah blah blah... I think some people actually put sentences together, and sometimes I did that. But mostly it was word-association and whatever came out came out. I wish some of it got recorded, but that's the thing abut theatre. You gotta be there.
We did three 15-minute sessions. By the end I was a little zoned out, kind-of like doing 5 straight runs of BREATH[e] in an afternoon, back in August in Edinburgh.

Now I'm a little tired. Not getting enough excercise, seeing too many articles and documentaries about the lies the Bush administration tells. Not looking for them either, they just keep coming up. The latest:

www.loosechange911.com

It's enough to make you want to get off the continent.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?