.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, December 18, 2004

 

press pause


press pause
Originally uploaded by trevorsc.

it's Saturday. I worked on the lighting plot for "Little Dragon," then went out to find a photocopying place to get copies of the plot for tomorrow's crew. Every copy shop in this end of town is closed for the weekend. I got it done at Staples in pieces, and have to paste it together. Then I went looking for a dinner, hungering for a greasy breakfast at 4:30pm. No dice, they all close at 3 or 4pm on Saturday.

This is downtown. I don't get it. It's like we're going back to the seventies, with everything closing for the weekend. I live in the city because I like bacon and eggs at weird times, and I can get it here. Used to get it here. Is the world around me finally slowing down? Should I embrace this?

Maybe the high-heat 24-7 pace just isn't human after all.

Too bad I still have a deadline for Sunday.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?